Hello! I own an aspire 5600u,I am stuck in the repair loop,cannot do anything.

Options
robert3
robert3 Member Posts: 4 New User

hi! all,i own an aspire 5600u,i am stuck in an endless loop which just keeps saying"preparing automatic repair.

I have tried most of the day to get out of it but no luck,any ideas?

Answers

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    turn it off, lay on the front, take he 2 screws out of the back cover, pull the cover down... look belows the HDD and you will see a push cap- pull the cap off (call that pin 2 # 3 that the cap covers. next short pin 1 & 2 for about 15secs. remove the short and replace the cap over pin 2 & 3. that should clear so you can boot to USB or bios to select boot sequence.... worked for me... I used the USB to do a factory RESTORE...
  • robert3
    Options

thank you for your reply,when you say short pins 1&2 are you saying to apply a wire to short out those 2 pins?

• Snuffy
    Options
    You can take the cap you removed from #2 & #3 and place it over Pin #1 & #2. the same thing, what I use is a small screwdiver. a paper clip would also work. as long as it is metal.
  • robert3
    Options

thank you for your help,i did as requested,it made no difference took it to the repair shop,good deal on it 

only paid 35uk pounds.thank you again for your help.

• Snuffy
    Options
    sorry it did not work for you. glad you did get it fixed for not to much. also reference again if by change it was the M$ Repair loop. here is a maybe fix. It does work on many.. not all.**************************************************************************** I use a USB Bootable Windows 8.1 to start this... and you probably have to Del to Bios and set your USB Removable as 1st BOOT... ******************************** When you find that Windows 8 fails to boot and using Automatic Repair does not bring out any fix or it fails too. If this is the case, you need to either Refresh your PC or Reset your PC. To achieve this, firstly you need to select Advanced options > Troubleshoot > Reset or Refresh. What’s next if you find out that neither Automatic repair nor Refresh or Reset your PC options fails to resolve the booting issue. When Automatic repair nor Refresh or Reset your PC options fails too, then it may be Windows registry that is to be blamed. If system registry gets corrupted or damaged, then it can prevent your system from booting Fix – Windows 8 fails to boot Microsoft has itself brought out a fix to this kind of errors i.e. Refresh or Reset PC fails after Automatic Repair fails in Windows 8 When the Refresh or Reset or repair option fails, you get to the WinRE screen, here select Troubleshoot > Advanced options •From the Advanced options, select Command Prompt •Now, using the CD command, you need to change the directory to WindowsSystem32config folder, simply type cd %windir%system32config and hit Enter • next, you need to rename the System and Software registry hives to System.001 and Software.001. To do so type the command given below one after the other and hit Enter 1st • ren system system.001 2d • ren software software.001 •To use Refresh your PC, simply rename the System hive. In case, the Software hive is also corrupted, then also you are not allowed to use the Refresh your PC option. So, you need to rename the Software hive too. Upon renaming the Software hive, you won’t be to use Refresh your PC option, but only the Reset your PC option. •Lastly, type Exit to close the Command Prompt window. Now, Restart your windows 8 PC back to the Automatic Repair screen and Select Advanced options > Troubleshoot > Reset your PC or Reset your PC as per your requirement. Upon following the tutorial described here you can fix the Windows 8 booting issues or fix issues with automatic Repair, Refresh and Reset PC. ************************************* Hope this helps...
  • robert3
    Options

many thanks.

This discussion has been closed.