acer m3985 beeping and restarting

Options
Hutheyy
Hutheyy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

After a power cut.. The cpu is restarying after 3long beeps 2x... The monitor dont even start..

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Hutheyy,

You'll find below the beep codes of Acer Aspire M3985:

1- One short beep: System is ready.System is OK.

2- Continuous one long beep: Memory not installed or memory error.

3- One long beep and two short beeps then repeat: VGA not installed or VGA error. Graphics card error/not installed,

graphics card memory error or graphics card BIOS checksum error.

4- One long beep then two short beep: BIOS damaged. BIOS is damaged, BIOS POST jumps to Boot Block to execute the default

procedures.

5- Two short beeps: CMOS damaged. CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss occurs.

I think you have the beep code #3. Apparently, you have an Intel HD graphic controller.

Have you something that is displayed on the monitor?

Have you try to make a Clear Cmos with the jumper?

France
  • Hutheyy
    Hutheyy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    First of all
    Thank you so much for replying...
    ;I have a MSI radeon-hd-5450

The monitor dsnt even start, so i dont see anything on the monitor.
    <p>No, i havent tried anything about CMOS.. After all it restarts after beeping, and my hopes are kinda gone..
    <p>This is the second one im posting, the first post didnt get any reply.. this is the first one,, and this explains more;

'I have a m3985 and today our house had a power problem and the power went out while the system was up. Then when i tried to switch it on, these 3 long beeps comes twice and it restarts and that repeats. I tried by removing the graphics card and RAM and removing like everything.i even tied some other power supply, nothing helped, it still beeps, the beeping starts in like 2 seconds, not even the acer logo appears, in fact, the screen is blank, What should i do and what is that beep, It will be very help full if any one answered me soon, Thank you
This discussion has been closed.