My Iconia A1-810 suddenly wont start. What could the problem be?

Mechanics
Mechanics Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

I have had it connected to the charger for some hours - and it would still not start up. Afterwards I connected it to my computer, but still nothing happened. It worked fine last night, but now it seems "dead".

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Have you tried to use the "reset" hole?

The hardware reset pin hole is located between the Micro HDMI port and Microphone.

if this still not work, press the power button for about 20 seconds and still pressing the power button connect the charger and keep pressing for another 10 seconds.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mechanics

Now I have... Still nothing..

• IronFly

Try this:

1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    3. While holding the Volume up button, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
      1. Once the tablet screen turns on, stop holding the buttons.

if A1 still not boot, it's time to contact Acer support for a repair.

• troymorehouse
    troymorehouse Member Posts: 3 New User

THis same thing just happened to me this monring.

The tablet recently updated (about 3 days ago) to KitKat 4.4.2 from the original 4.2.2 that came on the tablet.

Last night it was working fine.  It was at 40% battery and I plugged it in to the charger overnight.  But when I woke up the tablet screen was black and it will not power on. Tried the reset button, the powerkey/volume up button combo, and I even opoped open the case and siconnected the battery for 60 seconds.  Nothing worked.

Earlier a month after I ot it the speaker failed.

It appears that the A1-810 is a rather crappy tablet quality wise.

• Mechanics
    I returned it to the service department and got it back within 10 days functioning again...
  • dawesy
    dawesy Member Posts: 1 New User

Did they replace the battery?

• MikeyBergo
    MikeyBergo Member Posts: 1 New User

I dont have a reset button I've looked. but I tried holding the on/off button for ten seconds and plugging it in and holding for another ten seconds and that seems to have worked. I hope it stays on now.

• JDee
    JDee Member Posts: 1 New User

I carried out your suggested solutions in turn: pressing the re-set button, pressing and holding the "On" button  & the "Volume" button , whilst plugging in the charger. None seemed to work. Then I removed the micro SD card, in preparation to send the Tablet off for repair,  and pressed the "On" button to see if anything would happen and the tablet started! There had been a gap of about 5 minutes between trying the various steps and removing the SD card. Thanks for your suggestions.

• KrisOo
    KrisOo Member Posts: 1 New User

If your acer vibrates when you attach it to charger but the screen stays black then very gently take off the rear cover - you can do it with knife starting next to headphones jack. Unplug the battery for several seconds, plug it in again (you might have to take out the battery first to do so) and try to charge the tablet again. Should work.

• Lornam1
    Lornam1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Pressing the power button for 20 seconds and still pressing the power button connect the charger and keep pressing for another 10 seconds worked. Tried everything else and nothing worked.

• IronFly
    Contact Acer support service if under warranty.
  • njrefugio
    njrefugio Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer W1-810 had the same problem. It won't turn on. How will i make it work?
  • Journeyman
    Journeyman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Before you do all the reset steps, try this.
    Find a new USB cable and connect the table to it. It should vibrate, then you can do all the reset steps.
    I tried everything in the book with a "dead" A1, then I tried different cables I had laying around. 
    Some old cables I was using charged my other gear perfectly but it seems the usb connection of the A1 gains some slack with time thus you might need a new cable to boot the tablet. 
    I know this is a basic thing but it might save you some money. I just registered here to write this tip.  
  • BigSteel
    BigSteel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Get a safety pin--Open it up then put in hole-push for 5 seconds--do this few times---Then do the hard start method--Volume up while holding power down at same time--Then put power charger in to give it a kick for few seconds--Do everything I just said a few times-----Sometimes if you just leave the tablet alone for an hour and go back and do it again--It will power up
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Nice one Bigsteel