c:/ full but the Data D:/ drive is empty - how can i use it please

Amy-S
Amy-S Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi i have an aspire desk top. the acer C:/ driver is full but it there is a data D:/ which is empty. can i use this data drive?

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Usually the D drive is your CD/DVD drive. It will always be empty if there is not a disk in it.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Yes you can use it. Its your second partition.

• Amy-S

Hi

thanks for your reply - not being computer savvi, is that hard to do?

• Amy-S

Hi

thanks for your reply - it is not the dvd drive - it's a data D drive with 38 gig of free space.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hello.

Yes its not DVD drive, like i say its your second partition what you still can use. If you run out of space on C:/ Drive, just move your downloading files like mp3, movies, and other your personal staff what not belonge to windows, and this way you will be more space on C:/ drive.

Also you can do

1. Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type cleanmgr, and press Enter.

2. Select the drive that you want to use Disk Cleanup on, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You will not see this window unless you have more than one drive or partition on your computer.

Disk Cleanup - Open and Use-step1.jpg

3. You will now see this screenshot below for a moment. Afterwards, do step 4, 5, 6, or 7below for what you would like to delete using Disk Cleanup.

Disk Cleanup - Open and Use-step2.jpg

4. To Delete Unnecessary Non-System Files

A) Check the type of files box that you want to delete, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below) Mark all of them
    Disk Cleanup - Open and Use-systema.jpg
    B) Click/tap on the Delete Filesbutton. (see screenshot below)
    Disk Cleanup - Open and Use-step5.jpg
    C) The files will be deleted and Disk Cleanup will close.

• Amy-S

Hi Tom

thanks very much for your help - I will give it a go

This discussion has been closed.