Is there a corresponding driver for the DVD-Super Multi DL drive (burner issue) Aspire E1-522

newdayrising
newdayrising Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, 

I own an Aspire E1-522-3650, Windows 8.1 with a stock DVD-Super Multi DL drive

I recently tried to use my cd burner in itunes and recieved the error message (Disc Burner or software not found), I will post the diagnostic information below. Also, itunes and windows both recognize when there is a cd in the drive, which is strange.

After troubleshooting and exploring software issues with both windows and Itunes, I couldn't find anything that would resolve the problem, which leads me to believe it might be a driver issue.

I've explored the available drivers/updates on Acer's site and wasn't sure which one corresponds to my DVD/CD drive. 
This is a brand new computer and I'd like to be able to use my cd burner (one of the selling points for me). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you (Itunes burner diagnostic report below)

Microsoft Windows 8 x64 Home Premium Edition (Build 9200) Acer Aspire E1-522 iTunes 11.2.2.3 QuickTime not available FairPlay 2.6.12 Apple Application Support 3.0.3 iPod Updater Library 11.1f5 CD Driver 2.2.3.0 CD Driver DLL 2.1.3.1 Apple Mobile Device 7.1.1.3 Apple Mobile Device Driver not found. Bonjour 3.0.0.10 (333.10) Gracenote SDK 1.9.6.502 Gracenote MusicID 1.9.6.115 Gracenote Submit 1.9.6.143 Gracenote DSP 1.9.6.45 iTunes Serial Number 009CB6580DECEF68 Current user is not an administrator. The current local date and time is 2014-06-30 13:09:58. iTunes is not running in safe mode. WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled. HDCP is supported. Core Media is supported. **** External Plug-ins Information **** No external plug-ins installed. iPodService 11.2.2.3 (x64) is currently running. iTunesHelper 11.2.2.3 is currently running. Apple Mobile Device service 3.3.0.0 is currently running. **** CD/DVD Drive Tests **** No drivers in LowerFilters. UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM (2.2.3.0), Failed while scanning for CD / DVD drives, error 2355. Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application. D: Unsupported CD or DVD drive. Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

Answers

• newdayrising
    newdayrising Member Posts: 2 New User

UPDATE:

I found that I can burn a cd through windows media player. Guess that works for the interim. Must be a software issue with itunes

This discussion has been closed.