Liquid E3 Duo Plus

Options
WillL
WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

After buying the E2 duo, I was certain that it would be my first and last Acer phone. The E3 seemed to have the same limitations (4GB RAM) but the Acer Store is showing an E3 Duo Plus that has 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal RAM for £189.99. This seems to have addressed the memory problems and could be a fairly decent phone for a fairly decent price. Is anyone else considering this model? Does anyone know any further details, e.g. is the memory split sensibly i.e. the majority of the 16GB is available for internal memory rather than just 1.5GB on the E2? Is this a 4G phone?

Answers

• t-minik
    t-minik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Unbelievable hardware politic from Acer.

Why they renew all their products all 6 month instead of a decent software support?
    My liquid E2 (who replaced E1 just a few months after it came out!) sees E3 and E3+ in just more than a year...

Plus E3+ can't be 4G because mt6589 doesn't support it.
    3 or 4 months after E3+ came out, E4 will probably be announced.
    Look how fast liquid E, Z and iconia tablets came out...

I will wait for some more months to see evolutions but I'm pretty sure I never buy again an Acer phone or tablet.

• WillL
    Options
    I can understand Acer updating hardware as otherwise they can't compete. They should support their loyal user base with updates at the same time though.
  • WillL
    Options

So I've contacted Acer online support and called the customer services number to clarify how the storage is split but it isn't really clear. Once on-line representative said they didn't know, another claimed the same and then said it is split 4GB as storage and 12GB for phone. I called customer services and they didn't know and nor did they have a phone they could check. Smiley Frustrated

Considering Acer want to sell this phone, no one seems to know a great deal about it or have one they can reference for support. Anyway, I've placed an order and will reveal all when I get it. Customer services said I have 14 days to return it (at Acer's cost) if I'm unhappy with it so if the storage is split badly, I will return it.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good move WillL
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Guys,

I got word back regarding the E3+. It contains 16GB of storage that is not partition. The user should be able to manage how they please.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

E3pluss.jpg

• WillL
    Options
    Thanks Cory, but as you will see in my other topic, I already discovered this. Really don't understand why, Acer went with the memory partition on the E2.
  • keligh
    keligh Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

i bought an acer liquid E3 plus as advertised in an internet shop..the box it came in says only E3 (version 2GB ram 16GB rom)..i have spoken with acer uk support on chat and they know nothing about acer liquid E3 plus...as far as she concerned thay dont exist in uk..just E3..i told her amazon selling them and she said ask amazon...ha ha ha....in the end she sent me to world wide support..rang them and E3 plus not on their books ether.......anyone got an insight into this...as far as i am aware when a smartphone uses plus + it means it close to a LTE phone.......

hope some one can resolve this cos the plus + version more expensive then the E3....and if they both the same phone someone making money on our ignorance

• IronFly
    Options

Yes, something visible on the box will be better.

I think that SKU is different but we need to know the codes to recognise the Plus from the standard.

• keligh
    Options

i want to get to the bottom of this...i hate to be ripped off...the box just says E3...went i go to your tube and look at '''unboxing E3 plus+''''...box still says E3......

is SKU the SNID number....i put in my SNID no. and it says i got an E3...

a lot of people saying the plus + is because the phone is 2GB ram and 16GB rom and not 1GB ram and 4 GB rom....but from my research these phones-2 and 16 - were made soley for the china market to compete there..then they appeared in the german market..so i dont think the plus + got any thing to do with ram or rom...

normally the plus + got to do with speed...maybe i am wrong

what really puzzels me is acer themselves can not see an E3 plus in there computer....as i said to the girl from acer in chat---if she not know what phones acer make how can i know it.......she just said she dioes not see any acerE3 plus + on her computer

so where we go next....i only got the phone yesterday...at present its a nce phone...

• IronFly
    Options

the Plus is not only for China but also Germany and Italy.

You can buy the Plus from Acer Italy website:

http://store.acer.com/store/aceremea/it_IT/pd/ThemeID.26339800/productID.300536600?utm_source=it_IT_MKTG-HP&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=LiquidE3

and YES, it has 2GB ram and 16GB rom, this is the only difference between the PLUS and the standard, nothing related to LTE or speed.

SNID: is a serial number ID

SKU: is the stock keeping unit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit

• keligh
    Options

ironfly,

what i was saying is the origional E3 had 1 GB ram and 4GB rom...that was changed to 4GB ran and 16GB rom for the china market...it then made an appearance on the german market and is now all over europe...i down loaded the manual for E3 (there is no manual i could find for E3 plus) and E3 is working in 32 european countries..

the big question is what is an E3 plus..it does not say it on the box..look at your italy link...it says the phone is E3 duo plus...  in all its advertising under that it says only E3..like it says ''design and elegent curves.. on the E3''' ..not on the E3 plus..it says E3 all the way to the end then says E3 plus 4Gb and 16GB rom....

the video is of an E3 not an E3 (duo) plus..that what it says

look close to the advertising of the phone it self..it says""" acer + advantages"""

plus + in my book is something to do with speed...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolved_HSPA

HSPA+ = 3G+ (plus) = liquid E3 plus +

acer uk does not have an acer liquid E3 plus in the computer...i spoke with the world wide service for acer and he said they dont have it on computer (so they cant fix it) and they even looked up google and saw there were E3 plus for sale but acer has not informed them of such a phone..

the question is....is E3 and E3 plus the same phone...maybe all we getting is advertising so they can compete with faster phones...but no one can tell me the difference between an acer liquid E3 and the E3 plus....maybe it just """ + advantages"" what ever that means...

anyway an E3 is cheaper then an E3 plus ...WHY?????????

• IronFly
    Options
    Probably i don't understand but

E3 1GB ram - 4GB rom
    E3 plus 2GB ram - 16GB rom

This are the only difference, hardware wise.
  • keligh
    Options

your answer is the same answer i get from shops...but why acer dont have on the box E3 plus if i getting a 2GB ram and 16GB rom phone...

they box the E3 1GB ram and 4GB rom phones and the E3 plus 2GB ram and 16GB rom in a box labled E3 when clearly they are not the same phone..why is there no box saying E3 plus..there is a huge difference between 1GB ram and 4GB rom phone and a 2GB ranm and 16 GB rom phone....

people beaware you are not getting HSPA+ with this phone...

acer should box the phone correct...if i getting a E3 plus it should be on the box....acer should not use ''plus''' as its confusing and easly mistaken for 3G+

but i happy with my phone so far...my trouble is i bought a phone called E3 plus and got it in a box called E3...my SNID number says i only have an E3.......acer themselves cant tell me what an E3 plus is....

• JSR
    JSR Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I understood the "plus" meant 2GB/16GB instead of 1GB/4GB.  I bought directly from the Acer Store to ensure I'd get the right one.

The box it came in just says "Liquid E3", but the labels on the back states "16GB ROM, 2GB RAM", with "Dual" on the other label, and that was enough for me to know I had the right one.

The label also has the part number "HM.HE3EG.001" on it (this number is also on the phone in "Settings/About phone/Device Information").  By Googling for that, I found this page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=271166 - which lists the various codes, as follows-

HM.HDZEE.004 = Duo, black
    HM.HE0EE.001 = Single, black
    HM.HE1EE.001 = Single, silver
    HM.HE2EE.002 = Duo, silver
    HM.HE3EG.001 = Duo PLUS, black

So the "HM.HE3EG.001" on the label on my box confirms that it's the "Duo Plus".

• keligh
    Options

JSR,

good work to find the code....

would it not be more simple if acer put on the box exactly what the phone in the box is...

plus is being used to confuse people who think they maybe be gettig HSPA + plus....

• JSR
    Options

If they sold it on the High Street, then having the proper name on the box would be essential.  When I bought mine from the Acer Store, there was only the "Duo Plus" version available so there wasn't any confusion.

My guess is that they bulk-print all the boxes the same to keep packaging costs down.  That said, though, there's no reason they couldn't have a roll of "E3 Duo Plus" labels printed in big text that they could stick on the front of the boxes.  That'd solve all problems.

I wasn't confused about HSPA because that wasn't mentioned on the web-page at the Acer Store when I was making my decision.  All I really wanted was a dual-SIM phone and I almost bought the normal "E3 Duo" before I stumbled across the "Plus" on the Acer Store.  My previous phone was the Acer Liquid Gallant with 4GB memory that was severely crippled because it was split 1GB/3GB or something like that, which meant it was constantly "out of space" even when it had plenty of space.  As soon as I found out about the "Plus" with its 16GB, I made my decision almost immediately and I'm so glad I did.  It's a fantastic phone for the price.

• keligh
    Options

JSR

i bought the acer 'plus'' because i knew from research it was 4gb and 16 gb...but when i got it from the internet shop the guy who gave me the phone could not explain why i got a box with E3 and just a little sticker on the back saying 4gb and 16gb..

acer in UK did not know the difference between the 2 phones and the world wide service could not see the '' acer 'plus'' on his computer so he cant fix it...i talk to him on the phone..he googled acer plus and saw they for sale but acer did not tell them there is a ''plus'' phone..

acer not doing themselves any favours by boxing the ''plus;' in the E3 box..

but i happy with the phone...its very fast..

• JSR
    Options

I hear what you're saying.  From what I've read, Acer don't have the best record in the world when it comes to their products and customer service.  That said, I do believe they've improved enormously over the last year or so.

When I received my E3, I had to phone my mobile network so that I could swap my SIM for one that would fit.  I just told him it was the "Liquid E3" because I didn't want to confuse him with the "Duo" or "Plus" bit.

It does seem strange that Acer don't push/advertise the "Duo Plus" much more than they do.  It's a very good phone, and the 2GB/16GB is so much better than the non-Plus version of 1GB/4GB.  If I hadn't stumbled across the "Plus" on the Acer Store, I wouldn't even have known it was available.  All of the reviews I read before buying were for the 1GB/4GB model and even on the Acer.co.uk website, they only list the standard "E3".  Why bring out a phone as good as the "Plus" and then only promote the "poor man's" version?  That's bizarre.

• IronFly
    Options
    Another Acer mistery.
  • keligh
    Options

jsr

my introduction to acer was with a 10" lap top many many years ago....it was great and small and easy to travel with..but some of the buttons kept falling off...i still have it...ha ha ha...and it works but its in retirement now..

from what i gather acer started with the 1 and 4gb and then had to bring out the 2 and 16gb for the china market to compete...what i think is the european phone sellers bought the 1 and 4gb version to sell to us and acer cant advertise the 4 and 16gb untill they have sold the bulk of the 1 and 4gb version..

but we are in the world of the internet and you cant hide a good 4 and 16gb dual sim phone..in europe the 4 and 16gb dual sim made an appeareance first in germany and the internet shops around europe saw that...now you can buy the 4 and 16gb in 36 european countries.. 

i think acer waiting till the stock of the 1 and 4gb are sold before marketing the 4 and 16gb...seems stupid logic to me..they could grab a big segement of the dual sim market with the 4 and 16gb because there is no good 2 and 16gb on the market now.but that could chance tomorrow..

what ever the excuse you should not box an E3 plus in an E3 box.. 

This discussion has been closed.