W4 completelly freeze

Options
2»

Answers

• xyzaid
    xyzaid Member Posts: 42 Troubleshooter
    Options

interesting.

do you mean you didn't use Acer dvd to reinstall your windows ? do you mean you use another windows 8.1 than the one Acer give ?

did you also apply all windows updates ?

after i reinstall from scratch i usually apply all windows updates then i delete all the acer stuffs. so it should be quite the same final situation as you..but who knows...

i'm also thinking of trying ubuntu to see if it also freeze Smiley Very Happy but they say uefi can cause troubles.

• aleunge
    aleunge Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options

It's great that's working out for you, but having a full installation of win 8 or the factory installed win 8 shouldn't have any effect on this freezing issue since it's either hardware (wouldn't matter what OS altogether) or it's Acer provided drivers/software, which you should be installing even on your own win 8.1 installation. Besides, not everyone would see the value or have access to a full win 8 license for a tablet that costs only a little more than the license itself Smiley Very Happy

And if you only did a fresh installation to get rid of the recovery partiton, you could have just used Acer recovery management to backup to a USB and then choose the option to delete the recovery partition to save space after the backing up completes. Problem solved and win 8 license saved... but now you can't go back anyway, having deleted the factory recovery and image... 

• Plastixx
    Plastixx Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

xyzaid wrote:

interesting.

...did you also apply all windows updates ?

Yes, all updates.

• Plastixx
    Plastixx Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

aleunge wrote:

It's great that's working out for you, but having a full installation of win 8 or the factory installed win 8 shouldn't have any effect on this freezing issue since it's either hardware (wouldn't matter what OS altogether) or it's Acer provided drivers/software, which you should be installing even on your own win 8.1 installation. Besides, not everyone would see the value or have access to a full win 8 license for a tablet that costs only a little more than the license itself Smiley Very Happy

And if you only did a fresh installation to get rid of the recovery partiton, you could have just used Acer recovery management to backup to a USB and then choose the option to delete the recovery partition to save space after the backing up completes. Problem solved and win 8 license saved... but now you can't go back anyway, having deleted the factory recovery and image... 

I am using my Acer OEM key. There's more than one way to skin a windows cat. Smiley Wink

The recovery partition was copied to an external drive in case I ever want to put it back and sell the tablet. I've got everything cover man, but thanks for the concern.