Re: Windows 7 Recovery options

Plessis
Plessis Member Posts: 2 New User

Has a solution been found for this problem.  I am having the identical problem.  The problem is that the recovery process is being interrupted during the Language Disc phase with the "ERROR: FAIL to customize WinRE for recovery utility".

The computer being recovered is an "Acer Aspire 5560-7855, SNID: 14901561066".  The hard drive is being replaced because the old drive failed badly due to "bad sectors" (to many to complete the WD Diagnostic test.  The recovery image was also corrupt when a recovery from it was attempted.  The original drive is a WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT3 and want to replace with WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0.  New recovery discs were ordered for this process.

The recovery process works good according to the enclosed instructions up to and including step 5 of the 6 steps listed.  The Restoring process is completed and the System Disc is requested; then the Language Disc is requested.  We received two Language Discs (am informed English and French) and have tried with both.  At about the 50% mark of the first and at the 28% mark of the second the process is terminated with this Error  "FAIL to customize WinRE for recovery utility".  This occurs for option 1 and option 3 of the recovery options.  It also occurs with two different HDD attempted (one 1TB and other 250MB).  When we attempt to boot from the drive we get "operating system not found".

What do I need to do to make these recovery discs work for me?

This discussion has been closed.