Aspire P3-171 freeze with bluetooth speaker

Options
dweinkam
dweinkam Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a Apire P3-171 with WIn 8.1. I have the latest BIOS and drivers installed from the driver download page.

I recently got a Blue Piston Bluetooth speaker.  It works fine with my phone, but when I try to use it with my P3-171, it causes the computer to freeze and requires a hard reset to recover.

I disable bluetooth on the phone, reset the speaker and pair with the P3-171.

The pairing seems to keep reseting the connection every 30 seconds or so.  When I try to playback any sound, (even the sounds made by windows when you adjust the volume control), the sound plays for less then a second, and the whole computer freezes. The computer does not respond to anything.  I have to press and hold the power button to do a hard reset to recover.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Do other bluetooth devices work with your P3-171?

Have you tried looking online to see if the manufacturer of the speaker has any suggestions?

• dweinkam
    dweinkam Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am having a few issues with other bluetooth devices. The bluetooth mouse that came with the tablet freezes and only recovers when I switch it off and back on. The bluetooth keyboards doesn't work until I turn the mouse off and back on too. The blutooth keyboard everyonce in a while freezes for 5 to 10 seconds too.

I haven't tried other bluetooth devices.

The Bluepiston speaker uses the default Microsoft driver. Their website has no useful information on it. So far my web searches have not turned up any useful suggestions.

Thanks

Daniel

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I don't have a lot of suggestions to offer, other than restoring the system to factory settings and attempting to connect the device with no other software installed to see if they are compatible.  You can also make sure you have installed all Windows updates and temporary disable any security or firewall programs you may be using, to see if that is interfering.

This discussion has been closed.