Will NEVER buy an Acer product again. had 2 Acer and both had hardware issue

bdanyi
bdanyi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Members Lounge

I have bought two laptops from Acer within a 2 year time frame and have hardware problems with both.  One was within warranty and was able to get it fixed, but the laptop still does not perform like it should.  The second started having hardware problems 1 MONTH after the warranty was up.  The second one is a more expensive Ultra-thin notebook and with the amount of money I spent, it surely should last more than 13 months.  Their customer support is absurd; can no longer send emails to customer service, they want you to go to a forum or chat with someone. I am a professional medical student and have no time to wait for a customer support person.  And since both laptops are out of warranty now they won't talk to me anyway.  I can't even ask simple, specific questions directly to the manufacturer of the product but rather depend on other people to help.  Does that sound wrong to anyone but me? I would think a company would want to keep their buyers happy so that they will be loyal customers and buy more products.  Well, you lost this customer. Keep up the great work!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Comments

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi bdanyi,

It is unfortunate that you've had a poor experience with multiple products. Could you send me a private message of the serial number of this latest one thats just a month outside of the warranty? I understand the frustration of having a device fail just outside of it's coverage period, and I'd like to see where we can help.

• BP1
    BP1 Member Posts: 4 New User

It would be interesting to know if this customer was eventually sorted?

• bdanyi
    bdanyi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

No, I was not.  The agent I contacted was helpful.  I gave him a complete history about everything.  He was able to get an RA set up for me and I sent it in to the technicians.  I was really excited because I figured it would get fixed. It was sent right back to me a few days later and all they did was 'refresh the OS' which I had already done multiple times.  They didn't even have the history listed on the return slip they sent back to me.  So they just figured I was a stupid computer owner who didn't know what was going on even tho I had very detailed info sent to the the Customer Service agent.  So needless to say I won't buy another Acer product. 

• Blackman
    Blackman Member Posts: 2 New User
    I don't blame you. I spent $400 on one of their garbage laptop's and it was nothing but trouble. I'd NEVER buy an Acer again!!! (And I'll tell ALL my friends and family to do the same!)
  • Blackman
    Blackman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Blackman said:
    I don't blame you. I spent $400 on one of their garbage laptop's and it was nothing but trouble. I'd NEVER buy an Acer again!!! (And I'll tell ALL my friends and family to do the same!)

CORRECTION: Sorry the above was a typo. I spent $900! NEVER AGAIN!!!
  • Kellym
    Kellym Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here. Nothing works to remove sign in which is something they force on you.

Never Acer again

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,203 Trailblazer

You posted a 9-year-old history with only two complaints about a laptop, what for? I would say that only shows an excellent quality record for the 100 million or so Acer laptops sold all over the world (0.000002% bad). Tell us about your laptop issue and we will try to help 😀.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

Just in addition, Blackman and bdanyi what are your laptop exact model numbers and problems, don't just complain with empty words, give us the real truth and what is going on with your laptops, as by the sounds of allot of these complaints and the usual angry calls of🤣 "Will NEVER buy an Acer product again"🤣 its usually the users fault that has cause the problem and/or you have done basic things wrongly that has caused all the problems with your laptops or desktops. This forum is here to assist Acer users to solve these exact problems and we do realize your frustration(s), so calm down and lets solve your problems 👍

This discussion has been closed.