Acer V3-772G Serious Keyboard Problem

Options
csiwat
csiwat Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all,

I have had my Aspire Aspire V3 772G-9643 for around 5 months or so now, and have been noticing a problem with my keyboard for around a week now which is extremely frustrating.

The problem with the keyboard is that it randomly freezes completely, none of the buttons on the keyboard would work (I tried pressing them all), but what I just noticed is that the only button that works is Fn+F7 which is trackpad disable and enable, this means that I could move my mouse around. This problem is solved everytime I sign out and sign back in or just restart.

This freezzing seems to appear randomly and I have tried googling for solution and tried all the suggestions available such as disabling sticky keys, toggle key, shaking the laptop upside down instead there are something stuck inside the keyboard, but the problem still persists.

If anyone of you could help me with this, I would really appreciate it!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options

You still qualify for phone and chat support under the warranty. However, if you're adventuresome, you might want to try to pop off the keyboard and re-seat its ribbon cable connections. Be forewarned, however, most keyboards are secured in place by about a half-dozen pop-in plastic catches near the top and side edges that must be wedged out of the way in order to release --- relatively easy job if you have 3 pairs of hands.  8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• csiwat
    csiwat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Is disassembling my laptop apart the only solution for this? : ( I feel like maybe it could just be a software problem, since a simple "Sign Out" or Restart fixes this problem

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options

Ok, is your machine a factory Win8 or a factory Win8.1?

If it's a Win8.1 upgrade, you might want to try downloading and installing the latest Elantech or Synaptics drivers. Check which touchpad hardware is installed on your system.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.