Acer tech support

Options
mosstoss84
mosstoss84 Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought a Acer monitor for a new computer it was perfect, and came with everything in the box. I liked it so much I bought the same monitor again the next week for a different computer. This monitor did not come with a DVI-D cable to hook up the monitor to the computer. I talked to tech support and asked for a DVI cable. Everythign seemed to be good, but then when I got it I have no idea what they sent me. It was clear to me they did not know what I needed at all. I contacted customer support again, and they were telling me that it was not in the spare parts list. The solution apparently is that she needs to contact someone else to add it to the spare parts list which will take 2 days and then I have to wait for shipping 2 more. So all said and done I have to wait a good 2 weeks just to get the cable to hook up my monitor to the computer. The only reason I am posting this on the forum is to warn people in case they too get hosed out of a cord and have to put up a long fight. Also to complain because I didn't get to leave any feedback on the customer support that I received. The first time I delt with them I gave them a decent score, but apparently when they can tell I am angry they don't want you to send any feedback. This experience has really soured me on the Acer brand, and I probably will never buy a Acer product again. 

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi mosstoss84,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this issue. Could you send me the serial numbers in a private message and I'd like to have somoene review these interactions and see what we can do to improve them. If it hasn't been resolved we'll see what we can do to help.

Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi mosstoss84,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this issue. Could you send me the serial numbers in a private message and I'd like to have somoene review these interactions and see what we can do to improve them. If it hasn't been resolved we'll see what we can do to help.

Cory

This discussion has been closed.