Acer Aspire 5755G charging problem

Options
gman129
gman129 Member Posts: 3 New User

Technical info:

Acer Aspire 5755G-6823, purchased over 2 years ago (maybe even 3 at this point) with Windows 7, since upgraded to Windows 8, haven't touched the hardware.

I've had to change chargers a few times, always got one that's compatible based on product info and by comparing the tech specs of the chargers, but in the last few days I've had a problem where unless the end of the charger cable that plugs into my computer is positioned just right (I have to prop it so that it's always pushed upwards) the computer won't charge. Either it will act as if there's no charger plugged in at all, or the power button, battery LED, and another LED (not sure which) start flashing and the computer doesn't charge. I've tried out a few chargers and they all have this issue so I'm left thinking this is either a problem with the battery or a problem with the physical interface between charger & laptop.

Has anyone had this problem or know what this might be? If you have any questions, lemme know.

edit: ok now propping it up doesnt work at all and it's just not charging. I'm pretty sure the flashing LEDs are power and charge (the two left-most ones, one blue one orange)

Answers

• gman129
    Options

Replying cuz it wont let me edit again for some reason.

Trying another charger now which seems to be behaving normally, or at least it's never giving me the blinking thing that originally alarmed me. I'm thinking it might be a problem with the first charger's dongle. Lemme know if you have any thoughts, but I'll probably just be ordering a new charger if nobody has any more feedback

edit: *exasperated sigh* nope! this charger is still giving me the blinking **bleep** but at least it still charges, usually (when it starts blinking it stops charging). halp pls

• cjcharlton
    cjcharlton Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have an Acer Aspire 5750Z that's just over 2 years old and I'm getting the exact same thing! The beep and the blinking power light. This all happened within the last 12 hours- yesterday it was working fine.  Please let me know if you figure anything out!

Thanks

• gman129
    Options

Likewise. And I've gotten beeps (sometimes) when I've plugged it in always, but i never knew why cuz it only happens occassionally.

• cjcharlton
    cjcharlton Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Well I fixed mine! It took about 3 hours and I basically had to take the entire thing apart just to get to the power jack.  But when I did eventually found that one of the wires leading to it had broken off. So I soldered it back on, then put it all back together.  It's working perfectly now.  

If you're interested I can send you some links to youtube videos and the manufacturing manual and pictures that I took of the process and stuff. 

Alternatively I found a place in Illinois (http://powerjackrepair.org/) that fixing power jacks is the only thing they do, sending it there was my backup plan.

Good Luck!

Corinne

• Aniki
    Aniki Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi everybody!

I also have a problem with my Acer Aspire 5755G bought 2-3 years ago. It seems to kill one battery after another. It all started with the notification "you battery has problems, please change it" (not the exact wording but the sense of the message). At the same time it stopped showing the charging level and only showed a cross (like this "X"). So I bought a new battery which worked great for approximately 10 days. After that the whole story repeated.

Any idea what the reason is or what can be done about it?

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.