Aspire V5 572G keyboard not working

Options
Greg900127
Greg900127 Member Posts: 4 New User

I bought an Aspire V5 572G without OS. I installed my original Windows 8.1, downloaded the drivers (for Win8.1) from Acer's webpage then I installed all the drivers. Until that everything was fine. After the system reboot my keyboard doesn't work. Thy only ones work are Fn and some of the "F" buttons. What should I do? I also tried Driver Genius but nothing's changed. The problem is I cannot reinstall windows without a working keyboard because it will ask to use a button on the keyboard for booting from DVD. 

Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I don't really think the issue is with a driver. Does Windows see the keyboard in Device Manager with no exclamation marks?

Has the keyboard on the system ever worked since you bought it?

Is it possible something was spilled on the keyboard causing the keys to not work?

You could always try connecting an external KB to reinstall windows, and use the Acer recovery software. If the problem is still there after installing Acer recovery software, then you would need to look into having the computer repaired and keyboard replaced.

• Greg900127
    Greg900127 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    It was driver problem..I downloaded the original drivers from acer's webpage and a lot of things didn't work..So I reinstalled win8.1 and I downloaded unofficial drivers..everything works now. This was the last time I bought an Acer. Acer has a lot of problems..software and hardware as well. My friends told me not to buy this laptop..or anything from acer. They were right. It's a very expensive laptop..for nothing.
This discussion has been closed.