ATC105- Need to bypass Win8 user account

Options
orionstyles
orionstyles Member Posts: 1 New User

Trying to help my neighbours because they are not technically inclined. (they are a nice couple in their 60s)

Details:

System is brand new, and purchased the same day to go along with a new high speed internet connection.

The internet guy wired up their house and configured their settings.

Problem:

However, The genius logged in with his personal MS account to do it. (I wasn't there, but I suspect he used this account during the 1st time setup screens)

I tried:

<windows> + w doesn't seem to work to bypass the login screen (create a local account or type in "users" to see all accounts)

Questions:

1) How to bypass login and create a local account using Acer's OEM Windoews 8?
2) Is there a local Acer Admin account to do work on the OS? (like remove this fools account and make a new one?)

3) Is there a way to re-run the Windows 8 1st time setup without being able to login?

4) Obviously recovery USB was not made (can't login) is there a hard drive image on this specific machine model to reset OS fresh?

Exact model is

ATC-105-EB11

Thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi...

Your computer is shipped with a recovery partition which has all the necessary information to reinstall the operating system and reset it to factory settings.
    It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.
    During the process, all data stored on your computer will be overwritten. This means all your files, such as email and photos, will be erased. Therefore, we recommend you backup your personal data before starting the recovery process.

Use the following steps to reset your computer without logging to Windows 8:
    From the login screen, click the power icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
    While holding Shift, click Restart.
    Click Troubleshoot.
    Click Reset Your PC.
    Click Next.
    The system will reboot and begin Preparing to Reset the PC.
    At the Reset your PC screen, click Just remove my files.
    Click Reset.
This discussion has been closed.