Acer Aspire 8735G Driver Installation

Options
Cavemanhead
Cavemanhead Member Posts: 3 New User

Per subject...

I just installed another 4GB of RAM and a new SSD...  And, I took the opportunity to reinstall Windows 7.  Now I'm trying todo driver install...  I downloaded every single one off this site for this machine...

There appear to be multiple drivers for the same function.  How do I know which one to install and in what order?  I do not see that possted anywhere.  Need help.  Thanks in advance.

Cavemanhead

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options

How did you re-install Win7? From the Acer erecovery partition or by some other means?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi....

You needto use the recovery disc to restore the windows 7 operatign system shipped wiht your computer.
    It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.
    If you have installed a retail version of windows. you may run the hardware vendor utiltiy : Hardware Vendor Utility 
    A list with device name and manufacturer will be displayed, then you may check the release date of the driver and install the latest version.
    You may install the driver in any order, however it is recommended to install the Chipset drivers first.

Let us know if you need further assistance post back. We will be happy to help.

• Cavemanhead
    Cavemanhead Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks to you both for replying!

I am not using the recovery disk...  I generally despise laptops with the OS included on another partition since there is usually other bloatware there...  I prefere to use a standalone version of the OS and install the drivers custom though as this post proves it's more of an issue to do that...

That said, I believe the driver utility that you posted will be ivaluable at identifying which drivers need installed and for that I am most gratefull...  I just haven't had the time to reinstall fully yet ...  I did double my RAM to 8GB and put in a new SSD for the main drive.  I will say that the new upgrades have breathed fresh life into this already impressive laptop which is still a great performer after several years...

I will post more here if I'm unsuccessful with the driver install or something...

Thanks again!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I will post more here if I'm unsuccessful with the driver install or something...>>>

Well, what if you're successful but you hit a few bumps? Will you post then? 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.