532h-2588

Options
astorga
astorga Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have an NAV50 532h-2588

that's been having problems wih the wifi, the system would constantly loose connection and act like the card was disconnected and needed to be restarted to reconnect, I've read that this is a known issue with the atheros card so I decided to upgrade to a intel wireless module

I bought an intel 4954agn_mm1 nodule (yes I did forget to check it was a n card not a G one) 

but after replacing the card and installing the driver the system would recognize the card but will not connect the system acts like the wireless is disabled but function F2 will not work (it does with the original card

I did try with the 2 antennas in every configuriaotn of the 3 connectors in he card and even on both minipci socket still the system would not activate,

so I put the original back and was about to call it quits, but I got another aspire one that had a damaged screen and diceded to swap the wifi cards

the broken netbok  (aoa 150 - 1049) had a atheros AR5BXB63 but when I moved to the NAV50 the same happened,

windows recognizes the card but will not connect and fn F2 will not work (just in case all other functions will work fine)

so I need some help I've tried all I can think of but not sure what should do the trick

thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.