My Acer Extensa 5635ZG won't boot on my secondary display [AOC D7535Ph]

Options
Aarlekk
Aarlekk Member Posts: 2 New User

At the moment i have my laptop display cracked beyond recognition, and decided to buy a 23" full hd display instead of repairing my display [about same price range at that time].

The problem is not that my secondary display will kick in only when my Win7 starts. At the moment i really need to format my laptop, but i can't seem to manage forcing my laptop to boot on my secondary display in order to access bios and other stuff.

I know there is a way, because it occurred 2 times that my laptop booted on my secondary display from the start, but i have no idea what triggered this [fortunate] event.

Do you guys have any idea how i could force my laptop to boot on the secondary display from the start?

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

You should be able to switch to an external display using the key combination shortcut. On Acer laptops, it's usually the 'FN' key and 'F5'. There would be a symbol of two rectangles representing two display devices on the function key that you need to press along with the 'FN' key.

GuruAid

• Aarlekk
    Aarlekk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

I tried this one already, but it doesn't work.

Recently i tried to document myself into trying to use RADMIN, in order to access bios, and check if it's possible to go to bios, and switch main displays from there. No luck trying this.

The problem is that the keyboard FN shortcuts work only after windows boots, and i didn't seem to figure out a method to force them work in the backend [boot flow, bios, etc.]

This discussion has been closed.