Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

i bought my first and last acer product becasue

jdbj36mjdbj36m Posts: 2Member

I don't know about anyone else but i bought this laptop because my brother had a window 7 acer and he said he had no issues with it.so i bought this win 8.1 laptop and i am sorry i did. not only is the machine a let down but acer support has been a let down as well. I didnt want win 8.1 and this is the first windows machine that i bought that didn't have a physical bios so i could downgrade.  and now acer wont let me return it without a penalty so I guess I will have to sell it. and just go with a different brand. I recommend alot of laptops to people on yahoo answers and at the college i work at, so I wont be recommending acer to n\any of them either.  not only is the machine a letdown but the support was a let down. i got the wrong info on several calls before i finally reached someone at corporate who explained things properly to me about some of the issues with the RAM limitations on this machines and the Bios.  I also had difficulty with acer community and had to register more than once. I was told when buying the laptop (it was a gift to me) that if bought form the acer store that the product would not be registered to the buyer. So when i received the unit, I registered it and i got a confirmation email. Only when i called tech support when my log in failed,tech support said it was registered to the person who bought the laptop. I dont use companies that waste my time and dont allow me to use my computer the way I want to or need to.  Now i will not only have to get rid of this so i can get a non windows 8 laptop, but I will probably have to take a loss.  I have had this less than two weeks and i just hope I dont get stuck with a useless brick because I DONT WANT WIN 8.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online269

alr16
alr16
Ansgar
Ansgar
Balu
Balu
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
currybaguette
currybaguette
Cynthia27
Cynthia27
Cyriix
Cyriix
Eduardopz1508
Eduardopz1508
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
felmor
felmor
FeMunutti
FeMunutti
Hans1Con
Hans1Con
Ilcose
Ilcose
JackE
JackE
JeffreyLevine
JeffreyLevine
Kimjessen
Kimjessen
Kno63
Kno63
LabtechHelsingør
LabtechHelsingør
Manu1988
Manu1988
Tia123
Tia123
TurashuPanda
TurashuPanda
+248 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.