Unable to print anything/randomly turns on

Options
mlama
mlama Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Acer Community,

I am becoming quite frustrated as issues with my Aspire S7-392 is beginning to pile up and waste valuable time trying to fix it. My two current issues is 1) Can't print anymore, 2) randomly turns on.

I have tried doing a factory reset twice now and it fixed my printing issue for a week before it stopped working again. In terms of it randomly turning on, that only begun recently and can't find anything online about it. My laptop use to turn on automatically when I lited the lid, but now that doesn't work.

If you need any extra information then I'll happily give it. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to help.

Answers

• mlama
    Options
    Anyone about to help?
  • Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I am sorry you are becoming frustrated with your Aspire S7-392. How are you printing? Wireless or Wired? Usually if your system stops printing over time it has to do with a software change. If you are printing using a wireless printer, it could be the IP is not updating. You should be able to print a Network Configuration Report from the printer. Should be an option directly on the printer. Check the IP address and if the last digit gets changed around after a few reports, that's likely the problem.

Far as the system turning on randomly I don't have an answer. If your system is turned off completely nothing should turn it back on, but if you are doing the sleep/hybrid shut down then it may be a malfunction with the lid sensor. The lid sensor wakes they system up when you open it when you are in hybrid/sleep mode.

I would recommend contact technical support in your region as the powering on could be hardware related. If you do end up contacting support I would advise them of both problems so they can test your system completely.

• mlama
    Options

Hi Ryan,

I did as you suggested for my wireless printer by changing the IP and it is now working. Is there a reason why it isn't updating automatically? Should I be concerned?

In regards to the lid sensor, it randomly turns on when I shut down my laptop as well. What is a hybrid shutdown?

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi mlama,

There should not be a concern about the IP not automatically updating as long as it is working now. The lid sensor is another issue to where it may be hardware related and the sensor itself may need to be repaired/replaced. Hybrid shutdown is when the computer saves the current state of your computer and your work to memory so when you power the system back up it resumes faster and you are able to resume where you left off. At the same time you are saving power because the  system is completely shutdown.

This discussion has been closed.