Aspire 9410 laptop just died

yesman1
yesman1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi to all here! I'm a newbie and have a problem. My Aspire 9410 laptop literally just died. The only thing that is lit on the unit is the battery charge indicator which is green meaning fully charged. I was using this a couple nights ago and it just quit as if I had pushed control/alt/del. Well, I didn't think much about it at the time. I just closed it as usual and went to bed. Today Im trying to use it again and it will not power up whatsoever. I tried removing the battery and all power to the unit and pushing the power button for over a minute to drain any power and then plug in the AC without the battery, but no good. It acts as if it has blown a fuse or has power supply issues. (I'm an electronic tech, the old-school type!) I used to work on these some years back, but do to relatively low cost for replacing I lost interest. If this doesnt seem as if it will be a difficult or costly fix I'll probably try to fix it, otherwise its going to meet its maker........sad. Used it for years with no problems! Any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi yesman1

You could try borrowing a charger (one of similar input/output) and try it to see if it works, but I've a feeling you may have a motherboard issue.

• yesman1
    yesman1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the suggestion, but already tried that. I think it is a MB prob. Will begin to search for a replacement comp at this point.
    Thanks!
  • finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

OK - post back if I can be of any further help!

This discussion has been closed.