AL1916W - No native resolution recognized

Options
seadas
seadas Member Posts: 4 New User

Good Mornng People.

Problem is like object.

About 2-3 days Windows7 doesnt recognize native resolution 1440*900.

In same Pc run other os like Windows XP pro...same sound

What I can do?

I try to install driver from Acer,

I tried also nonitor plug and play mode and Not plug and play but nothing appear

My VGA isa Nvidia 8800GT with output only DVI and in this case I tried to change adpter DVI/VGA too but nothig to do!

Smiley Sad

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

More information needed. What is it doing when you try to go to the native resolution?

• seadas
    seadas Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Tabbiekatz wrote:

More information needed. What is it doing when you try to go to the native resolution?

About resolution availaible is not present native resolution 1440*900  So it's impossibile set this resolution.

I tried to remove display and reboot OS just to see if recognize again.

I tried to turn off PC totally and reboot with display turn off..nothing to do.

I reinstalled last Nvidia driver

It seems that Display doesnt communicate EDID to VGA

Smiley Sad

• inforpsm
    inforpsm Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We have the same problem with AL1916W and 1440x900 resolution. I can put another resolutions but 1440x900 is not listed.

The VGA controller is integrated on motherboard and I cannot install the driver because I have Windows 7 and Acer only have a Windows XP Driver. The operating system does not recognize the monitor. 

Regards,

Jose.

• dmfree88
    dmfree88 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the exact same problem with my acer x173w.  It was recognized for like a week in win7 but now its not.  I have no way to change the type of monitor to get it to recognize.  No matter what it says its Generic- NONpnp.  I cant seem to figure it out.  Looking for a new monitor.  Never going with Acer for ANYTHING again.  No customer support, no help from Acer themselves without a warranty or money,  Very poor customer service.  Will never EVER buy acer again.

This discussion has been closed.