A V5-171 that is less than a month old has developed a bright dot & a USB port is unstable

Options
Bowe
Bowe Member Posts: 1 New User

My newly acquired V5-171 i5 (about 3 weeks ago) has developed a bright dot in the display and one of the USB 2.0 ports is unstable.  I would've normally returned it to the dealer but I am over 3000 miles away and won't be back in the states until late June 2013 (nearly 6 months from now). The USB port will disconnect and reconnect without user intervention, I have deduced that the fault is mechanical (a very slight shift in the position of the connected device/cable will generate the dropout - neither of the other 2 ports respond accordingly) this has been since I started using that port.

Question: How can this unit be repaired/replaced in quick order since I (and the V5) are in Italy?

I travel quite extensively and require a highly portable machine that is reliable.

Answers

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Options

Contact Acer support and ask them if you can send in the laptop to the Italian repair facilities - that would be your best bet, in my view. You may need international warranty coverage for that, not sure whether your notebook will have that but support should be able to help you on that.

This discussion has been closed.