M5100 RAM Upgrade

Options
Love-Hate-Tech
Love-Hate-Tech Member Posts: 17 New User

I have a Acer Aspire M5100 that had DDR2 PC2 5300U 667 mhz installed. 

My motherboard number is: RS690M03-8EKRHFS2H. I would like to know what my memory maximum is. I have found conflicting information on this.

I now have 4 GB of RAM because I upgraded to 4 x 1 GB DDR2 PC2 6400 800 mhz. It recognizes it 4 GB RAM, 3.75 GB usable. I would love to increase the RAM to 8 GB, but I don't want to buy it and find out it maxes out at 4 GB. 

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Love-Hate-Tech

Love your user name, by the way - sums up how I feel about computers sometimes Smiley TongueSmiley Wink

Download and run Crucial's scanner. This program will tell you everything you need to know about your computer's memory requirements (maximum RAM, largest amout per slot etc) and will even make recommendations for you! I've have used Crucial for many years, and have never known them to be wrong. They have great customer service too!

The link I've provided is for the UK site, but you can change it to where you live, by clicking on the flag in the top right corner.

Hope this helps!

Answers

• finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Love-Hate-Tech

Love your user name, by the way - sums up how I feel about computers sometimes Smiley TongueSmiley Wink

Download and run Crucial's scanner. This program will tell you everything you need to know about your computer's memory requirements (maximum RAM, largest amout per slot etc) and will even make recommendations for you! I've have used Crucial for many years, and have never known them to be wrong. They have great customer service too!

The link I've provided is for the UK site, but you can change it to where you live, by clicking on the flag in the top right corner.

Hope this helps!

• Love-Hate-Tech
    Love-Hate-Tech Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

It says that I can upgrade to 8 GB. 

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

• finlux
    Options
    Great, glad to be of help!
This discussion has been closed.