Aspire V3-772g Powering Off During Games

FMGarriga
FMGarriga Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had this notebook for about 3 months now and it has recently started randomly powering off during games.  I noticed even before the powering off issue that the GPU was getting much hotter than it had been in the past.  Now it runs hot and then powers off the whole computer.  Sometimes it will run for several minutes before shutting down but recently it went 15 seconds in Skyrim before shutting down.

If this is an overheating issue why is it recent?  Do I need to clean the fans? (It has only been a few months so I didn't think that was the issue)  How can I open the case to clean out the fans?  Will just shooting compressed air do the trick?

If it isn't the fans what else could be going on?  Do I just need to turn down the setting when I'm playing games now?

I'm running Windows 8 Pro (not the 8.1 upgrade) with fully upgraded drivers and BIOS.

GPU:NVIDIA GTX 760M

Apsire v3-772G-747a4 (let me know if you need the rest of those numbers)

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I dont think it's an issue with the fan. You may try updating the video driver from the LINK and check if it works.

If not, it could be an issue with compatibility, the video card does not meet the requirements to play this game. You may contact Acer support team for better resolution.

This discussion has been closed.