Post restoring to factory settings

acolon93
acolon93 Member Posts: 4 New User

I Have an Acer Aspire 5720-4171. It doesn't have a screen due to being dropped. Ive been using an external monitor for about a year now. I decided it was time to clean up my files so I did a Factory Reset using the alt+f10 option during boot up. I guess the system restored but I wouldn't know because I can't get the external monitor to work and I can't see the laptop screen. I Tried booting in safe mode and I keep getting a message that windows cannot install in safe mode and to restart the computer. Anyone know how to get a signal on my external monitor? Or can anyone give me an idea of what's on my screen right now so I can blindly click around and try to fix it...?

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Try hiting Fn F5 and see if that sends the signal back to your external monitor (windows 7, windows 8 is just F5).

• acolon93

Tried that. It does turn my laptop screen off but its still not sending it to my external monitor.

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Does that monitor require drivers? Most dont, but there are some out there that do. If you want to replace that screen, give me the model number and I'll see what I can do about finding the part number for you.

• acolon93

I'm not sure?

My external Monitor is just a TV screen. I have it connected thru a low voltage VGA computer cable.

This discussion has been closed.