RL70-UR308 conflicting information about number of USB 3.0 ports

Options
pfgm
pfgm Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm looking at purchasing a RL70-UR308; however, I'm baffled about it's USB 3.0 capabilities.  The Datasheet says 6 USB 2.0 ports and no 3.0 ports.  The Features page says 2 USB 3.0 ports. 

The image on the datasheet page shows 2 blue USB ports, used to indicate 3.0.  The image on the features page where it talks about 3.0 shows the RL80-UR318 (with 2 3.0 ports).

The image on Amazon does not (and its tech specs also says 6 2.0 ports only).  

So what gives?  What's right?  I'm wanting to hook up an external HDD with 3.0 so I'd really like to know what I'm getting.

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

The Revo L series has different submodels. The UR308 is just one of those models. I think that you are looking at a general description of the Revo L series. This submodel according to the acer website states that this computer only has 6 2.0 USB ports on it. The pictures are also not specific to that submodel. They use a general picture for all the Revo L series models. It can get quite confusing, but it does take time to read through the lines.

• pfgm
    pfgm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ok, I can see how the features page is generic for the line.  The datasheet page should have had better attention paid to the image used, but now it makes more sense.  Thanks

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

If you are looking for one of these comptuers that have 3.0 USB ports on them, I would look at the RL80 series.

This discussion has been closed.