acer aspire z5610

Options
pauld247
pauld247 Member Posts: 5 New User

hi  my acer all in one has now decided not to accept any cd or dvds(will not  go in slot)?have tried software but think its hardware problem..

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

well tell me a little more about what it is doing when you put a CD in.

• pauld247
    Options

hi,when you offer the disc to the slot its like one already in.you cant force it in it wont go,but if you press eject you can push it in the disc goes through the machine making noises but does not read then kicks disc out but not fully only enough to get nails on and disc comes out marked...

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

well that could be the spring in the ODD. you may need to replace the ODD at this point. callin to Acer if the unit is in warranty.

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

It does sound like it is a hardware problem. Are you still in warranty? If not, you can go to any tech shop and get it repaired. If you are, you can call your local warranty support and get it fixed through them.

• pauld247
    Options

hi still under warranty but tried speaking to them on phone they told me to go on website and fill in forms and scan documents,so still waiting for reply...not sure if acer have centre near me in northwest?

• pauld247
    Options

have called into tech shop and been advised just buy external dvd..but not what i want.

This discussion has been closed.