Aspire 4730Z setup for dual monitors

rmib211
rmib211 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have my 4730Z notebook connected to my Samsung TV with vga and audio cables. I cannot get it to run in a dual monitor mode. I went through several setup instructions, including using Fn and F5 switch over keys. I get an active dispaly on the tv but nothing on the 4730Z. It comes back with a "not supported" notice. The only way to get a display on the 4730Z is bt diconnecting the vga cable. Could someone provide me with walk-through instructions to get this to work? Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Go to control panel. Search for the word "monitor" or "display". You should see a "how to" section on setting up multiple monitors.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rmib211

It only allows me to use the laptop monitor or my tv monitor. I would like to be able to use both monitors at the same time, or in other words, be able to clone what's displaying on my laptop to my tv.  What I'm doing now is to bring up a screen display on my laptop and then unplug the vga cable, connecting the tv to the laptop, in order to get the same display on my tv. I would like to get both displays simultaneously without having to unplug the vga cable. Is this doable?

Thanks.

• JackE

Are you are using a VGA cable instead of an HDMI cable to connect your TV to your laptop?

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• rmib211

Yes, I am using a VGA cable; my laptop does not provide an HDMI connector; it's an old one.  Thanks for your interest.

• JackE

These are the instructions from you manual http://tim.id.au/laptops/acer/aspire%204730z%204730zg%204330.pdf

Please note that only certain models of the 4730Z seem to support this function.

Jack E/NJ

dualmon.jpg

Jack E/NJ

• rmib211

Hi Jack  -  I appreciate all your assistance in helping me resolve my problem.  My sincere thanks.

rmib211

This discussion has been closed.