Aspire 5600U Bios

Options
Schwartze
Schwartze Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi

My Aspire 5600U AllInOne with W8 and Bios P11-A4 2.1 version 2.15.1227.

My problem is that I can't boot from DVD. From Acer's page I get the explanation that I need to change the Bios from UEFI to Legacy BIOS (they write: Select Boot and Select "Bios mode" as Legacy). The problem is that this option does not exist ("Boot mode").

Can anyone explain.....

Best Answer

• Schwartze
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi again

I am sorry to have bothered you. I read another explanation of the problem, and it works. I want to share it. So...

1. Enter Bios from startscreen (Delete)

2. Select "Authentication" (right key)
    3. Select "Secure Boot" and set it to Disabled
    4. Select "Boot Option" (right key)
    5. Select "Launch CSM" and set it to Allways
    *1 [6. Select "Boot Menu" and set it to Enabled]
    [7. Select DVD, Removable Device or LAN as 1. Boot Device]

Press F10 and Yes
    *1 [Press F12 from startscreen to select Boot Menu]

NB!! Remember to set back 3 and 5 when you are finished another boot device.

Regards

Answers

• Schwartze
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi again

I am sorry to have bothered you. I read another explanation of the problem, and it works. I want to share it. So...

1. Enter Bios from startscreen (Delete)

2. Select "Authentication" (right key)
    3. Select "Secure Boot" and set it to Disabled
    4. Select "Boot Option" (right key)
    5. Select "Launch CSM" and set it to Allways
    *1 [6. Select "Boot Menu" and set it to Enabled]
    [7. Select DVD, Removable Device or LAN as 1. Boot Device]

Press F10 and Yes
    *1 [Press F12 from startscreen to select Boot Menu]

NB!! Remember to set back 3 and 5 when you are finished another boot device.

Regards

• jamie804
    jamie804 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

This is not working for me! I puchased the recovery media. I had to replace the hard drive in my 5600U. When i boot to he recovery media in UEFI mode, it tells me I have to boot in legacy mode. When I boot in legacy mode, it tells me I must boot in UEFI mode. I am so frustrated with this I am going nuts.

HELP!!!!

• NormAtHome
    NormAtHome Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi Jamie:

I'm not sure what to tell you, I just had to do the same thing (replace the hard drive and reload from the recovery media) and it booted fine and reloaded without a problem.

Just in case you're using the wrong disc to boot, you have to start with the disc that says "System Disk" and in turn it will ask you to swap that for the 3 recovery discs and then the language disc.

- Norm

• jamie804
    jamie804 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    That's why I am convinced they sent me the wrong recovery set. No offense, but obviously I know to start with the "system disk". Thank you for your input.
  • NormAtHome
    NormAtHome Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything nor do I know what your level of expertise is. The recovery media is like five discs and for me it was a coin toss wether to boot from Recovery disc1 or the system disc and I tried the system disc first and apparently that's the correct choice.

The system disc on the set I received from Acer (I had to order them from Acer) has this part number FD.DAYA0.01U, does yours say the same thing?

- Norm

This discussion has been closed.