Aspire BIOS update 2.18

Phil_R
Phil_R Member Posts: 1 New User

I've just updated my V5-571P with the new BIOS available at http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers and thankfully it seems to be OK though the update had some error messages.

When I ran "VA410218.exe" it issued a message something like 'not being able to find a message file' and, being nervous about BIOS updates, I decided to take the offered CTRL+C option and review the situation.

I was alarmed when the BIOS update process just carried on despite CTRL+C x2 leaving me to wonder if it would work OK.

Anyhow, it seems OK, MSINFO32 shows correct values and I have just installed Windows 8.1 successfully.

I'm generally very impressed by the quality of info available from ACER and the community of users so the reason for this post is to ask ACER:

1. Can it be made clear what level of BIOS is really needed for Windows 8.1 ?

2. Can someone fix the BIOS 2.18 update process so there are no error messages and it actually cancels if you CTRL+C it is it says it would?

3. For nervous folks can you document a way of creating a bootable BIOS updater/fallback CD in case all goes wrong?

Answers

• saulo
    saulo Member Posts: 24 New User

Fixes:
    - Change wording when user change the boot mode from Legacy to uEFI
    - Update KBC to v1.23

What's new in KBC v1.23 ?

This discussion has been closed.