Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Replacing HDD with SSD acer aspire v5-573g HOW TO?

Hi. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to do this? Tried to do a google search, but wasn't able to find a guide. Do I have to remove the keyboard gain access to the HDD/SSD-slots? I guess I will just give it a go if I don't get any replies, but I would really appreciate some pointers before I got to it, haven't done this before..

FAQ & Answers

• Ruben14Ruben14 Posts: 1Member

Struggling with the same thing.. have you been able to do this?

• moonlandermoonlander Posts: 10Member

Yeah, it was fairly simple. You gain access to the ssd-slot (and everything else) by just removing all the screws under the keyboard. When you install Win 8, make sure you remove the original HDD and just keep the SSD, otherwise windows will install on the HDD automatically (I was unable to install Windows on the SSD when both harddrives were installed, might be because the original acer harddrive has a partition reserved for windows recovery). 

• jamenjamen Posts: 2Member

I removed 17 screws, but I cannot open or remove anything. Am I too carefull or do I forget something? What is supposed to be the action after removing the 17 screws? Please help me.

• moonlandermoonlander Posts: 10Member

Yeah, you just have to pop it off. Start on the side with the audio jack, otherwise it might get damaged!

• jamenjamen Posts: 2Member

Thanks Moonlander, I was indeed too carefull.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online137

andylb
andylb
ChromeMom
ChromeMom
DaddyZeNox
DaddyZeNox
hammed
hammed
HenrikMadsen
HenrikMadsen
HiddenPower
HiddenPower
JPinto
JPinto
Sephiroth146
Sephiroth146
shengliwei1019
shengliwei1019
SivakumarM
SivakumarM
Surya80
Surya80
+126 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.