terms and conditions about warranty

Virginia
Virginia Member Posts: 1 New User

Our  ACER office projector was purchased last March 2012.  The unit was used in the three ((3) 2-days training since purchased.  But during the 2nd day of the third scheduled training on December 21, 2012 the unit broke down with an obnoxious odor of burned material emited from the unit. The unit was brought at ACER Service Center in Davao City and the technician assured me that the unit is covered with warranty that I would not spend a single cent for the repair, provided an official receipt on the purchase of the unit should be presented in their office which I showed to them last December 26, 2012 afterwhich I was issued a Claim Paper and was advised that I will be informed thru my celfon when the unit is ready for pick=up.  Accordingly, the repair of the unit was almost-done.  But on December 29, 2012 I received a call from certain Marc of ACER Davao that the projector might not be covered with warranty because of the extent of the damage that it might be charged with MISHANDLED.  Is the said technician correct? How could that be when we dont have control over electricity.  And besides the Laptop which was attached to the projector was unaffected.  

Answers

This discussion has been closed.