Programs randomly not responding

Options
pathfinder002
pathfinder002 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All,

Hope you can help, I have had my Acer Aspire m1900 desktop now for 12 months, Recently i have been having problems with various programs randomly not responding, Anyway a mate told me to restore the pc back to factory condition and i thought this would fix the problem and i would have a working pc again, However this did not fix the problem and i still have programs randomly not responding.My question is why did the factory restore not fix the problem and why are programs still randomly not responding and how do i fix this ?.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

Your HDD might have bad sectors or your ram mulfunctioning..Run HDD test using seatools and rum memory test using memtest.

Regards,

Freeza

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

Your HDD might have bad sectors or your ram mulfunctioning..Run HDD test using seatools and rum memory test using memtest.

Regards,

Freeza

• pathfinder002
    pathfinder002 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi Freeza,

Thanx for your advice, I ran both diagnostics for the Ram and Hard Drive it turns out that the Hard Drive is failing, Do you know if it is possible for me to buy another Hard Drive and use Acer Recovery Discs to restore the operating system back to the factory condition.

Thanx.

This discussion has been closed.