Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

chrome book 710 doesn't work

DoreneDorene Posts: 1Member

I got this thing for Christmas and am about ready to throw it out.  I play a game that you send gifts to other players.  I can play the game on here but can not give the gifts as when you click to send gifts another page is supposed to open and it won't. Also I can not check my msn email on this as everytime I go to msn and start to type in my password my gmail account pops up and they are not even close in email or password. Also I can not get it to download pictures from my camera.  Is this thing worth keeping???????

FAQ & Answers

• jescott418jescott418 Posts: 38Member Troubleshooter

If you try and send email with a link the default email is gMail on a Chromebook. I will bet you use hotmail/Outlook.com as your mail provider which is web based. Unfortunately you cannot make any other mail provider the default on a Chromebook. Let's faceit, a Chromebook is dedicated to all that's Google. I use Outlook.com and basically if you want to send a link or files by way of your email. You will have to do it manually by copy and paste or save the file and send it as a attatchment. Don't even bother with the Chrome App store which has a Outlook.com app. Its basically just a quick launch that opens Outlook.com in another tab. You have to understand that Chrome Browser is really the only real app that runs on a Chromebook. Everything else runs through that. Its why it can work on even the weakest hardware. A Browser with a OS is what I call it. 

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online253

Acer-Micha
Acer-Micha
BrianVo
BrianVo
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
DanielFriedrich
DanielFriedrich
diuliusjr
diuliusjr
hxcwhitenoise
hxcwhitenoise
laurent_14
laurent_14
MaClane
MaClane
MarkkuS
MarkkuS
Olarewaju160
Olarewaju160
oocoitado
oocoitado
perreteschicos
perreteschicos
smartinez281
smartinez281
TheMaddHatter28
TheMaddHatter28
+239 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.