Aspire 5741 Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H driver

Toolguy47
Toolguy47 Member Posts: 2 New User

My Aspire 5741 with Windows 7 DVD driver stopped working and I see in the Device Manager that there is a problem with the driver. I remover the device as someone had suggested ond rebooted but it couldn't reinstall the driver.

I tried to locate the driver for it on the Acer Support Web Site but it's not listed. Why does ACER not provide the driver. I believe this dvd drive is manufactured by Sony but their web site says to get the correct driver from the product manufacturer which in this case is Acer.

It';s frustrating when they list a lot of other drivers but not the dvd driver.

I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi...Smiley Happy

Before removing and reinstalling the CD drive from device, you may remove the upper and lower filter from registry to resolve the issue.

Click Start , then select run.

Type regedit in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow

• In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    • In the right pane, click UpperFilters.
      Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
    • On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    • In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, go to the next resolution.
    • Exit Registry Editor.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance with CD drive issues. We will be happy to help.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi...Smiley Happy

Before removing and reinstalling the CD drive from device, you may remove the upper and lower filter from registry to resolve the issue.

Click Start , then select run.

Type regedit in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow

• In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    • In the right pane, click UpperFilters.
      Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
    • In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, go to the next resolution.
    • Exit Registry Editor.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance with CD drive issues. We will be happy to help.

• Toolguy47
    Toolguy47 Member Posts: 2 New User

Awesome!! Thanks so much. That worked out great.

This discussion has been closed.