Acer Aspire 5710 - HDMI port?

LauraLoo83
LauraLoo83 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I've just received a new, flatscreen TV with HDMI connection for Christmas. I've had a really old fashioned TV prior to this, so was really looking forward to connecting my Acer laptop to it to watch Lovefilm instant and catch up, as I usually have to watch this on my tiny laptop screen, which in addition has a hardware problem of a line running through the middle, which no one has been able to fix!

I just went to set it up, but it seems this model does not have a HDMI port? Is there anything I can buy which will plug into my laptop and allow a HDMI connection?  It's all set up now using my sister's newer laptop (a Dell) but I want to be able to connect my own preferably.

Thanks for your help,

Laura

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Laura

The Aspire 5710 has a VGA port, so you will need to buy an HDMI to VGA adaptor like this. You will also need an audio cable, as VGA does not supply sound.

A 3.5mm jack to jack cable might suffice if the TV has a 3.5mm audio-in socket. You'll have to connect one end to the headphone socket of your laptop, and the other to the TV.

I *THINK* that the Aspire 5710 may also have a S/PDIF socket, basically a digital audio connection. If your TV has this too, then you can use a cable for that if you desire.

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.