CD/DVD/Bluray drive not reading any media

Leslie
Leslie Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

I've had an Aspire 8942G notebook for about 3.5 years. The CD/DVD/Bluray drive used to work with no problems, but over the years it lost the capability to read Bluray discs, and now most recently, all media (CD, DVD, music discs, burned discs, etc).

The drive is a slimtype bd e ds4e1s driver. I've searched and searched and have found that it's possible this is a manufacturer's hardware problem as it is happening semi-regularly to many people. I've tried all of the steps found in the links below:

So basically this is my last ditch attempt to fix this problem myself. By now, I've resigned myself to probably getting a new drive to replace this one. If anyone out there knows of another solution to this problem that I can try, I would love to hear it.

If you found this thread because you're having the same issue, try the fixes above since they seemed to work for many people. So far only a few askers are having the same issue of complete failure like me.

Thanks in advance for all the help! Smiley Happy

Leslie

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Leslie

If it still isn't working after trying all of the steps, then I'd suggest that the drive is at fault & will need replacing...!

This discussion has been closed.