Acer b1 a71 UNLOCK BOOTLOADER!

mulletmeister
mulletmeister Member Posts: 1 New User
I have a B1-A71 and want the bootloader UNLOCKED, along with many others! Why? Because the software available is not exactly 'up to date'. It is also VERY restrictive. ANDROID IS AN OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE SO HOW CAN YOU PREVENT US FROM UPDATING THE EQUIPMENT THAT WE OWN?? I'm not interested in Acers bloatware, I just want to extend the useability of MY tablet that I BOUGHT with MY OWN CASH! I am currently running an 'elderly' Samsung S2 with Kit Kat 4.4, and it has given it a new lease of life! I also have an HTC One S Ville running 4.4 because HTC allowed us to unlock the bootloader! I hardly use my tab now because the S2 and One S blow it away in terms of speed, functionality and battery life!! Come on Acer release the code and allow us to extend the useful life our OUR EQUIPMENT. WE bought the **bleep** things, let us use them as they were intended. PS, your customer support is pretty poor!

Answers

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

I partially Agree. Why? Because Acer should provide the Android 4.4 update DIRECTLY WITH THEIR BUILT-IN UPDATE CHECKER, instead of having the user to unlock, root, jailbreak or perform any other kind of manual tweaking.

But this won't happen because these companies think that the user will simply buy a new tablet once the software is obsolete. The problem is, I bought my Iconia B1 last week, and the device is ALREADY obsolete. Android 4.1 IS OBSOLETE. And this was the newer model they had in stock... I admit it was my fault to trust that Acer would provide regular updates to prevent having customers stuck with obsolete devices immediately after buying them.

The amount of errors and bugs in Android 4.1.2 is unacceptable. To be stuck with this is really depressing, specially when the reason for this is that a few Acer executives refuse to provide updates to keep a minimal set of loyal and happy customers. Their policy is to release the cheapest devices and sell them overseas as quick as possible, then forget about those customers and move on. We (the customers) are no more than numbers and paper work.

My suggestion is to avoid Android tablets of ANY kind. I could not even use my bluetooth mouse nor keywboard because Android 4.1 always asks for a PIN code, while most bluetooth devices work without PIN. So I have an obsolete tablet with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard I can't use. Thanks Acer!!

This discussion has been closed.