Acer TimelineU M5-481T-6642 14-Inch Ultrabook. CD/DVD tray noise upon startup and shutdown?

SmithLB
SmithLB Member Posts: 4 New User

I recently purchased an Acer TimelineU M5-481T-6642 14-Inch Ultrabook.  During startup and shutdown there is noise from the CD/DVD tray as if the tray is trying to open. I have not put a CD or DVD into the tray yet.  How can I stop this annoying sound, action from happening in my new ultrabook?  Thanks.

Best Answer

• greywing
    greywing Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Mine doesn't make any discernable noise at start-up or otherwise so I'd get it checked out.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Open the optical drive, restart the machine and see if the noise is still there? If the noise is abnormal to you, take the machine to Acer repair centre for assessment.

Regards,

Freeza

• SmithLB

Thanks. I did it twice but it did not stop the sound/action. Is this normal for Acer laptops/ultrabooks? If it is, I won't worry about it.

• SmithLB

Please, anyone, is this normal for Acer laptops/ultrabooks ??

• greywing
    greywing Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Mine doesn't make any discernable noise at start-up or otherwise so I'd get it checked out.

• SmithLB

Thank you.  I noticed last night that the light on the CD DVD drive area also comes on during the sound.

This discussion has been closed.