Iconia A1-810 caught in Boot Loop anyway to get it out?

Options
WasteLandSavage
WasteLandSavage Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter

OK I admit it in a prior post I was looking to get root privledges on my A1-810, I had asked how to get into Devolopers Options.

Well I had gotten up to opening the Devolopers Options and Enabling Usb Debugging Options as well.

But before I had the chance to do anything else my wife needed me to do something for her, So I shutdown my tablet figuring I'd come back in a bit and pick up where I left off.

Wrong   Man Sad

When I started the tablet back up it went through the usual boot up process, But when it got to it's home screen it shut down right away, booted again and shut down again.

I went through this for about a half hour until I found a post on the forums that said.

DO a Hard ReSet and that this would fix the problem cause something got the Boot Mbr fouled up, And while I would lose everything on the tablet it would set it back to factory specs and repair the Boot Mbr.

Well I preformed the Hard ReSet.

But it didn't fix the boot loop it is in.  Man Frustrated

While it did ReSet it back to factory specs, As I could tell it started back at the Welcome Screen that guides you through the setup for the first time.

You guessed it, It got to the Welcome Screen about 3 seconds later it Restarted, And Restarted.

It went on like this for well over an hour before I shut it down, With that only being able to be done using the ReSet button.

A few times as it was rebooting it came up Android OS is upgrading Software.

Short of saying I am "VERY MAD".

I can't quite figure out what happened.

I hadn't done nothing but go into Devolopers Options.

Short of sending it back into Acer to be looked at.

ANY IDEAS?    In any event Thanks for any ideas in advance: Ricky   Man Embarassed

Best Answer

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the device is still covered by the warranty, I strongly suggest to return it to the seller as soon as possible, and it will become an Acer problem. You did nothing wrong, it is a software failure, and we all know that Android 4.1 and 4.2 are more than obsolete, so there's probably nothing you can do.

I'm also stuck with serious issues in my Iconia B1 with Android 4.1.2, and there's not a even a chance that Acer will provide updates anytime soon, at least not in this life.  Smiley Sad

Answers

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the device is still covered by the warranty, I strongly suggest to return it to the seller as soon as possible, and it will become an Acer problem. You did nothing wrong, it is a software failure, and we all know that Android 4.1 and 4.2 are more than obsolete, so there's probably nothing you can do.

I'm also stuck with serious issues in my Iconia B1 with Android 4.1.2, and there's not a even a chance that Acer will provide updates anytime soon, at least not in this life.  Smiley Sad

• WasteLandSavage
    WasteLandSavage Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter
    Options

Not a problem I already sent it into Acer for repair, I finally just gave up.

It isn't quite even a month old.

I had thought about sending it back to the retailer I bought it from, BUT they were out of stock on these because of the Christmas Season and were not expecting anymore until Jan 13th at the earliest.

I figured I could send it in and have it back long before then.

Am sorry to hear of your problems with your tablet, That's the bad thing about buying one from Google.

After you buy it you may get some minor updates, And maybe the next OS Update but that's it.

Where if you buy a Google Nexus you would get all their updates.

The thing I don't like about Google Tablets is they don't have Micro SD Cards, and a lot of the other little diddys that you get from one like Acer.

It's kind of a catch 22 situation, But I like all the little extras that you get in a non goggle tablet.

Now if they would just allow you to uninstall the BLOATWARE that you don't want that would be great.

But like you said most likely not in this lifetime.

Again Thanks: Ricky   Man Happy

• ardit_dashaj
    ardit_dashaj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sorry, but I'm not getting the point here, except for that one, of the company fixing the device.

What I see strange here, is a guy that needs on his device root level access, that uses wrong technics or downloaded tools to root his Iconia, causing bootloader loop because of uncompleated procedure sequence and at the end the company is the saviour. In this case this was the best thing to do because of missing some basic knowledge about:

1. linux for embeded systems
    2. android architecture
    3. device bootloader structure used by the company for the specified device
    4. other knowledge needed too.

So, I supposse the device remained unrooted.