Acer Aspire 5750G with Nvidia 630M issue

Options
bcanup1
bcanup1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello. Recently I have been having trouble trying to get my laptop to enable my nvidia graphics. When I try to go into the NVIDIA Control Panel it gives me an error 'NVIDIA Display settings not available.' I looked at my device manager and noticed there was a yellow '!' on the card and an error 'Code 43'. I have reset my laptop using the Acer eRecovery program but the card remains nonfunctional. I tried the drivers on the acer website and the Nvidia website. I am unsure if there is an order to the way I am supposed to install things. Could it be possible my nvidia card is burned out?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

HI bcanup1

Nvidia's Code 43 points to a hardware or software problem. As you've already tried updating the drivers and resetting your laptop & re-installed Windows, I'd say the graphics chip may have failed, at best, it may need re-seating.

It's a trip to your local PC store I'm afraid - they should be able repair your laptop and/or replace the graphics chip for you.

• bcanup1
    bcanup1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I thought as much. Thank you for replying. I will look up a good place to get it fixed.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Great.

Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.