Acer Aspire V5-573G runs hot. Fan issues?

baldrick88
baldrick88 Member Posts: 15 New User

So I bought the Acer Aspire V5-573G a few days ago. So far I'm fairly happy with it. However, it seems to get really hot when I'm playing games. Up to 75°C after just few minutes. The GPU(Nvidia GT750M) fan also goes on overdrive and is really really loud. The bezel above the keyboard also gets really hot, it can burn me a little if I touch it. It also seems to just go off for a minute at random intervals. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Also would something like a cooling stand for the laptop help the heat/fan issue? 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Baldrick88

Yes, it sounds like it is overheating. I know that some games can really increase the heat, but if it is getting so hot it is burning you, then I suggest to contact Acer support for your region - there may be something amiss.

A cooling stand will help, but get the laptop checked out first!

• baldrick88
    baldrick88 Member Posts: 15 New User

Of course it's not hot enough to be scalding or anything like that . But it's not something I'm really used to. 

I did take it in the day after I bought it cause of some noise issues and it was deemed fine. 

Guess I'm getting a cooling pad soon. 

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

OK, lets hope the cooling pad helps!

Just keep a check on it though - laptops do get warm, but not usually hot. Plus the fact it goes off at random intervals also is a sign of overheating.

Have a great Christmas anyway Smiley Happy

• SebaKo
    SebaKo Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter

Hi, i got the same problem and wanted to know, if you got a cooling pad, if it works for you and if so, which one? 

• DerpGamingFTW
    DerpGamingFTW Member Posts: 1 New User

wts.... mine too. At first it wasnt. After like 6 months, the bezel at the keyboard was REALLY hot (only when playing games like sims 3) . It burns my fingers literally, its hotter than boiling water. I feel like probably the fans are clogged with dust. I am probably gonna try cleaning it.

• nichoyeah
    nichoyeah Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the exact same acer model (Aspire V5-573G), and my fan doesn't make any noise at all, and it does work properly, I assume. Sinde I can feel warm air blowing out, when I stick my hand in front of the vents. However, when I play skyrim it does get ridiculously hot, and I am worried that my comupter will shut down, due to overheating, which I had problems with on my former labtop. It was quite annoying. I hoped that if I bought this pc, I would be able to run the games, which the hardware inside, is suppost to make it able to run, without any problems, what so ever. I surely hope the fans will be up to the task, but for safty's sake, I'm gonna use my old pc-cooler. But seriously. Is it suppost to get this hot? Or is it just a poor design, concerning fans/vents whatever??? Please help, I am extremely worried. I took a big student loan, to afford it, since I do school-work on it as well.

This discussion has been closed.