Acer W510 refuses to allow me to set admin password :(

Options
Skylar
Skylar Member Posts: 4 New User

I have rebooted my tablet many times since woning it a few months back. For I had full control of the BIOS and hard drive space and applied my full copy of Windows 8.1. Whcih I have made a copy of on my usb and used many times. For reason I can't explain or do I know this was the casue. I downloaded and applied the latest Acer updated BIOS. And Came into some issues and went to reboot and install the OS again. Yet for some unkinown reason it won't allow me to pick the option to set the supervisor passoword in order to begin the process in allowing me to boot from the usb. I can change the user passowrd all day long as it's highlighted with a grey bar. And even pops up when I hit F2 to enter the bios. Yet I cannot click any option whatsoever. What have I did or am doing wrong here?

Best Answer

• Skylar
    Answer ✓
    Options

Acer helped me out conflct with the password had to leave it blank to clearit to estblish another one. Thank You Acer Tech support. 

Answers

• Skylar
    Answer ✓
    Options

Acer helped me out conflct with the password had to leave it blank to clearit to estblish another one. Thank You Acer Tech support. 

This discussion has been closed.