S3-391 Battery Wear rate

Options
verlaine1979
verlaine1979 Member Posts: 3 New User

My S3-391 is 11 months old. Two weeks ago the power supply failed and was replaced under warranty by John Lewis in the UK. Upon returning the machine I noticed that the battery capacity, which had previously been around 4 hours was now down to just under 3. I then installed BatteryBar to check-up on the battery wear, and discovered that it was at 25.4% and since that point, wear is increasing at a rate of approximately 0.1% per day.

I use the machine for a couple of hours more or less every day, using a combination of battery and AC power.

Is the degree of wear I've seen typical for this machine? I note that the standard Acer warranty only allows for battery replacement if capacity falls below 50% in the first year, but the rate it is declining suggests that the battery will be useless after 2.75 years, which seems pretty short for a relatively high quality piece of equipment.

Any advice/contrasting experience gratefully received.

Answers

• KevGo
    KevGo Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Dear Verlaine,

don't worried about the battery wear and the BatteryBar is not absolutly display true information.

You can re-callibration the battery (if needed ONLY), by discharge till battery 0% and charge it till 100% (recommended notebook on off condition)

best care method for battery are always use AC adapter and keep charged if possible but don't forget to use on battery mode. Common Li-Ion battery generally has 3-5 years life time endurance (absolutly depend of daily usage time and other factor).

Don't worried about battery leak and overcharging because your Acer support trickle charging.

This discussion has been closed.