settings crashing when selecting language and input

Options
JOslo14
JOslo14 Member Posts: 6 New User

my settings app keeps crashing when I'm opening the language and input section, would a clean install of rom "Acer_AV061_V370_1.006.00_ww_GEN1s" solve this problem? and would acer staff kindly link me the ROM download

all I can find is the dual sim version Smiley Sad and I would really like this issue fixed.

Device

Acer Liquid E2 v370 single sim

Best Answer

• JOslo14
    Answer ✓
    Options

I feel stupid now xD I like to keep my internal space as clean as possible, I disabled google's text to speech engine cause I don't use it anyway and that is the reason why it keeps crashing.

Answers

• JOslo14
    Answer ✓
    Options

I feel stupid now xD I like to keep my internal space as clean as possible, I disabled google's text to speech engine cause I don't use it anyway and that is the reason why it keeps crashing.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

isn't AV061_V370_1.006.00_ww_GEN1s an old version?

EDIT: wrong suggestion

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JOslo14
    Options
    @IronFly That's the ROM for the dual sim, not the single sim. I've made that mistake before, unless I patched it wrong?
    GEN1 is dual sim
    GEN1s is single sim from what I can see
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Oh sorry, didn't see the little S

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JOslo14
    Options

It's okay ^_^ I appreciate the efford though

the rom does work on the single sim version (at least mine) but obviously can't see the second sim cause there isn't one ^_^

I flashed back to 1.004 with spflashtool with a rom that was oficial and updated it to 1.005 and then 1.006

This discussion has been closed.