Aspire V3-571 touchpad problem

Options
Vegatron
Vegatron Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey

This is a new laptop that I got a few days ago, and I am having issues with the touchpad. I am now using usb mouse becouse the touchpad mouse isint working. The following shows in the device manager:kuva1.png

When going in properties, it says This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24).

I have tryed installing different ELan drivers to fix it, but with no success. What should I do?

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Did you try out the "Fn+F7" ,  which is using for enable & disable the touch pad.

Thanks

• Vegatron
    Options

Yes, and it doesnt do anything. When I remove the usb mouse, the pointer just dissapears.

• Charitha
    Options

Still your picture not view for others. there fore it is little bit dificult to get a understand about the issue. What is the O/S that you installed? Isn't it work without the touch pad app? 

• Vegatron
    Options

I have Windows 8 installed. The mouse works just fine with the usb mouse, but I want to use the touchpad because this is a laptop, there for I want to use the touchpad too.

• Charitha
    Options

Hi,

I mean that the touchpad should work with generic driver without any other synaptic or Elent applications + Drivers. It is better if you can try out with Linux live DVD. If it happening the same issue, it is better to contact acer authorized service centre in your area.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.