Error 0xc0000098 after system refresh

Options
DJK
DJK Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my Acer Aspire T3 for work for about 6 weeks now. This morning when I turned the computer on, I got the Acer logo, then the screen went blank. I rebooted several times and this kept happening.

Finally, I did a system refresh. However, now when I turn the computer on, I get "Your PC needs to be repaired", File:\BCD, Error code :0xc0000098.

I have backup disks on order, but I'm told this might not fix the problem. I use this computer to work from home, and every I day I don't work, I don't get paid. The disks take 5 to 10 days to ship.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I held the left shift key and restarted 3 times to see if I would be prompted to do a system restore, but the same error screen kept coming up.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi DJK

You'll need to make a Windows 8 repair disk, to do so, you'll need a working Windows 8 machine. See here on how to do this.

Once created, insert the disk into your PC, and boot from it. You will need to select the "Startup Repair" option. Once completed, all should be well.

If the above fails, then you may need to repair the BCD from command prompt (via your repair disk) - see here.

If all of the above fail - including when you get your recovery disks - it MAY mean you have a possible fault with your hard drive, and you will need to contact Acer support for your region for further help.

This discussion has been closed.