Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

usb 3.0 expresscard support for Acer Aspire 5520

brkbrk Posts: 2Member

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 5520 notebook.

I wonder is it possible to use an expresscard 34/54 to use my usb 3.0 pen drive in high speeds?

In the manual usb 2.0 is mentioned , however there wasn't usb 3.0 that time.

If I buy a usb 3.0 expresscard , would I be able to use a usb 3.0 pen drive in usb 3.0 mode in my Acer Aspire 5520 notebook ?

If I will get the same usb 2.0 speed, it is meaningless then...

Please advise,

Thank,

Burak

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Posts: 2,339Administrator Community Administrator

We have not tested USB 3.0 device speeds through the express card slot, so we can not guarantee compatibility. I do not think you would be able to get USB 3.0 speeds that you are wanting.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online136

billsey
billsey
Deejay_tech
Deejay_tech
Karlozdiaz
Karlozdiaz
Kesaca
Kesaca
Ninjakitty844
Ninjakitty844
Razzopper
Razzopper
sri369
sri369
+129 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

We would like to feature andylb as a destacated member in the Acer Community. With his dedication and support efforts, andylb has become a Valued Contributor . On behalf of the Acer Community team and all our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1044

Total Points:2652

Total Accepted Answers: 129

andylb Valued Contributor
Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.