Bluetooth on Aspire 5745G

Mikel
Mikel Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Aspire 5745G laptop with an Atheros AR5B97 network card.  I am running Windows 7.  When I check the Properties of the Atheros card (via Device Manager), there is an option to enable/disable 802.11 Bluetooth High Speed, and this option is currently enabled.  When I look at the specs on the 5745G, two Bluetooth capabilities are listed, but there is an accompanying note that it depends upon configuration.  It is not clear to me whether this means that that Bluetooth capability is one or the other of the two listed, or whether it means that Bluetooth might not be available at all.

I can find no indication on the laptop that Bluetooth is actually available.  There is no Bluetooth logo in the Systray; there appear to be no Bluetooth entries in the Registry.

Can anyone tell me how to verify whether I have Bluetooth capability, and, if so, how to activate it?  Thanks,

Best Answer

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Good day

I can confirm that this machine does not have bluetooth.

Regards,

Freeza

Answers

• freeza

Good day

Press and hold "Fn" key and while holding that key tap on "F3" once to launch the Launch Manager and you can switch the bluetooth on.

Regards,

Freeza

• Mikel

Freeza:

Thanks for the response.  However, when I try your Fn + F3 sugestion, the only thing that happens is I can turn my wireless connecion on and off: I don't get any Launch Manager screen.  (The symbol on the F3 key is the little radio tower symbol, if that means anything.)

Is this telling me that I don't have Bluetooth capability?

Again, thanks for answering.

• freeza

Hi Mikel

Rather send me your serial number for the machine and i will tell you if your machine has bluetooth or not? And are you using the same OS that came with the machine?

Regards

Freeza

• Mikel

Freeza:

Info from tag on bottom of computer:

Aspire 5745G - 7671

Mfg. Date: 08/24/2010

SNID: [edited for privacy]

Computer came with Windows 7, which is current OS, and up to date with Microsoft updates.

Thanks.

• freeza
    Answer ✓

Good day

I can confirm that this machine does not have bluetooth.

Regards,

Freeza

This discussion has been closed.